Wonder of Love Competition
1. Please read the competition terms and conditions (“Terms”) carefully. These Terms apply to all persons entering the Wonder of Love promotional competition (“Competition”) conducted by Table Mountain Aerial Cableway Company (TMACC), situated at Tafelberg Road, Gardens, Cape Town, 8001 and Shimansky, situated at Level 1, The Clock Tower, V & A Waterfront, Cape Town, 8001 (“Shimansky”).
2. If you do not agree to be bound to any or all of the Terms contained herein, please do not enter the Competition. If you take part in this Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and accept that Shimansky’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes are not transferable, substitutable, or exchangeable in any form. Entry implies acceptance of these Full Terms.
3. The Competition is organised by Shimansky and TMACC. At all times, it is the sole responsibility of the winner to collect his or her prize from their nearest Shimansky store. Positive identification will be required to authenticate the winner. Persons that are excluded from entering the Promotional Competition is any person who is a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant (“Associates”) of TMACC and/or Shimansky or any other person who directly or indirectly controls, is employed by or is controlled by Promoters, and/or immediate family members of Associates, who are indirectly or directly connected to or employed by any party in the aforementioned capacities or relationships, their advertising agencies, manufacturers, distributors or bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to Shimansky.
4. The Competition will run on Instagram and Facebook from 1 February 2020 and will end on 29 February 2020. Winner announced 4th March 2020. Competition Ts&Cs apply.
5. To stand a chance of winning this prize, participants must follow @shimanskydiamonds and @tablemountainca on Instagram and like Shimansky and Table Mountain Aerial Cableway on Facebook, post a wonder of love image on Table Mountain on Facebook or Instagram, and include the hashtag #tablemountainshimansky and #wonderoflove.
6. The main prize includes a sunset party for the overall winner of the Shimansky Table Mountain Ring and 7 friends. Prize includes bubbly, soft drinks, snacks and Cableway entry tickets provided by TMACC) and a Table Mountain ring with 27 diamonds from Shimansky valued at 10 000. Weekly winners will be selected to each win a sterling silver Table Mountain ring from Shimansky.
7. Shimansky reserves the right to use entries (at its sole discretion) to create further marketing material and share these on any media platforms that it so chooses and the entrants acknowledge that he/she and/or any third parties portrayed in the entry videos/challenges will not be entitled to receive any payment, title or rights over the creation, or the idea used. Shimansky reserves the right after the Competition Period, at its sole and absolute discretion, with or without notice, to change the Entry submitted as part of the Prize-winning Entry.
8. Shimansky reserves the right at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entrant and to remove (or to refuse to post) Entries from the Competition that it finds or believes not to comply with the conditions above, or otherwise with these Official Competition Rules, or that seek to defraud the legitimate purpose of this Competition. Without limiting the generality of these Rules.
Entries that are determined to be, or suspected to be, in Shimansky’s sole discretion, the subject of any scheme designed to compensate individuals for engaging in activities online that directly increases an Entrant’s chance of winning may be disqualified from the Competition and/or any associated Prize may be forfeited.
Entries may also be disqualified, removed from the Competition, and any associated prize forfeit in the event that the individual who submitted an Entry has engaged, or is suspected of engaging in, methods designed to affect the outcome of the draw for that Entry – or those of any other Entry – in violation of these Official Competition Rules, and to pursue all other applicable rights and remedies.
9. By entering the Competition, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Shimansky and its affiliated companies from any and all claims that any product, commercial, advertising, presentation, web content or other material, in any media, throughout the universe, subsequently produced, presented and/or prepared by or on behalf of Shimansky, infringes with regard to any elements, characters or ideas contained in the Entry. For greater certainty Shimansky will not be responsible should any future product, packaging, advertising, promotion, or other independently developed creative, marketing or advertising materials bear any resemblance to an Entry that is not declared to be the winning Entry.
10. Winners are announced on 4 March 2020.
11. Any attempt to deliberately damage or interfere with the social media pages and website used in connection with the promotion or the information on it, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the promotional competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, Shimansky reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Shimansky reserves the right (subject to applicable law) to disqualify and/or ban any individual who tampers with or attempts to subvert or interfere with the Promotion website or entry process or prize retrieval process.
12. If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned as a result of any technical failures, unauthorized intervention, computer virus, mobile network failure, social media site downtime, tampering, fraud or any other causes beyond Shimansky’s control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, Shimansky reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or to disqualify and/or ban any individual who (whether directly or indirectly) causes (or has caused or has attempted to cause) the problem. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Shimansky and which prevents Shimansky from complying with these terms and conditions, Shimansky will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
13. The winner’s name and image may be published on Shimansky and TMACC’s social media sites, and accordingly by participating in this promotional competition, all entrants are deemed to have read and understood the terms and conditions of the social media sites of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Shimansky website, and of entrants mobile network service provider (where applicable) and by entering this Competition, entrants further allow Shimansky permission to publish his/her name and photograph on the Shimansky’s Social Media pages.
14. The winner will be required to appear on any form of media and/or social media, for which no fee will be payable, and subject to the provision that the winner may at any time prior to such marketing appearance, decline the request by Shimansky to do so.
15. Shimansky reserves the right to cancel or amend or alter the Competition and its rules or prizes (not already awarded, to any other prize of comparable commercial value) at their own discretion at any time, if deemed necessary in their opinion and/or if circumstances arise outside of their control, without prior notice and no entrant shall have recourse for such cancellation or alteration. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by Shimansky. No entrant shall have any recourse against Shimansky as a result of the alterations of the rules or prizes.
16. Entries which are unclear, illegible, are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors or from Disqualified Persons, will be declared invalid. If Shimansky is unable to reach any entrant or complete the verification process after drawing his/her entry for whatsoever reason, such entrant will be disqualified, and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place in the same manner.
17. All ancillary costs, including but not limited to transport, meals, personal and incidental expenses, insurance, government taxes or other fees applicable, are the responsibility of the winner and/or entrants.
18. All entrants are advised that in compliance with the laws of the countries in which Shimansky operate, Shimansky are required to retain certain information (where applicable) of entrants and winners for a period of 3 (three) years (“Personal Information”). Such Personal Information to be retained by Shimansky includes (but is not limited to) the full names, identity numbers, contact details and winner’s acknowledgement of prize receipts. Accordingly, Shimansky will require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable Shimansky to ensure compliance with these rules, as well as with the South African Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“Consumer Act”). Should any entrant and/or winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such entrant and/or winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prizes and it shall revert back to Shimansky.
19. All queries in connection with this Promotional Competition should be directed to Shimansky enquiries